Steel in Reinforcement – Rebar Services
Steel reinforcement is a major component of construction. Reinforcement is required in concrete structures to help provide a better resistance against tensile forces. Although strong in compressions, concrete is low in tensile strength. Steel reinforcement will thus increase the tensile strength of the concrete structure. Steel is the ideal material for concrete reinforcement, due to the properties. There are many different types of steel reinforcement, making steel a versatile material to reinforce concrete structures, roads, bridges and more. Read more about the types of steel reinforcement, and how Rebar Services can assist with your steel reinforcement project.
Contact Rebar Services, the leading steel reinforcement company in Gauteng, about your reinforcing project needs. We will supply your with the suitable type of reinforcement that also meets your project requirements.
Types of reinforcement
Different types of reinforcement products are used in a number of different applications, mainly in the construction industry. The main types of steel reinforcement include:
- Mild steel bars: Mild steel can be defined as an iron-carbon alloy that contains less than 0.25 percent carbon. This makes it more ductile and less hard thus rendering it unsuitable for structural work, but suitable for reinforcement in concrete and other applications.
- Deformed steel bars: Deformed steel bars are the most common reinforcement bars used in the reinforcement of concrete, roads and other structures. These bars feature surface irregularities, or ridges, with the purpose of improving the bondage with the concrete.
- Welded mesh: Welded wire mesh is a series of longitudinal and transverse wires arranged at right angles to each other and welded together to for a grid or screen. The holes can be made to specific diameter, to meter the needs of the specific application.
Make use of Rebar Services’s professional cut and bend services for your reinforcement project. We are able to:
- Supply the project from our yard.
- Offer limited scope of on-site cutting and bending capabilities with bulk supplied from Rebar Services works.
- Complete full on-site cutting and bending capabilities including schedule capturing if required.
Let Rebar Services assist with your steel reinforcement needs products and services
Make use of the trusted reinforcement contractors in Gauteng for your steel reinforcement project needs. Rebar Services will assist with your reinforcement project, delivering high quality products and excellent service. No project is too big or too small for Rebar Services, and we will execute each project professionally and efficiently. Rebar Services will ensure that your steel reinforcement installation project runs smoothly and within the required time frame. Our professional and experienced team will take care of every aspect of the project, as per our service agreement. Contact Rebar Services today for more information about our reinforcement products and services for your project needs.